This book is a biography, in “Global English,” of the revered “Father and Teacher of Youth.” And it is published to celebrate the bicentenary of his birth (1815, August 16, 2015).
- It is the saga of a peasant boy, whose whole life was guided by a prophetic dream he had when he was nine years of age, and many other mysterious and prophetic dreams that showed him the way ahead.
- His fascinating life is narrated in a captivating style and gathered into seven clusters of episodes that underscore the fulfillment of his dream:
- “I saw wild animals turn into lambs.”
- “Be humble, strong and robust.”
- “What seems impossible . . . is possible.”
- “Help them see how precious virtue is.”
- “Not with blows, but with gentleness . . .”
- “Haec Domus Mea, lnde Gloria Mea!”
- “At the right time, you will understand.”
- This book is based on the multi-awarded biography written by the popular Italian writer Fr. Teresio Bosco, SDB. Written in English by Fr. William R. Ainsworth, it has been edited and rendered into “Global English” and laid out by Fr. Daniel Dennis L. Meim, SDB.
- The narrative is accompanied all throughout by 78 classic paintings that highlight salient episodes in Don Bosco’s life.
- It is capped with a comprehensive chronological chart (pp. 246-250} of the most significant moments in Don Bosco’s life, and a “Vision Capsule” containing a selection of B/W photos of Don Bosco, solo and with others (pp. 251 -253}, and color pictures of places and people related to him (pp. 254-267}.
- ST. JOHN BOSCO: MAN OF VISION
Is a real mine of resource material that will prove indispensable to people who give talks on this great Saint, or make him known, especially on the occasion of the celebration of the bicentenary of his birth.
- . . . A welcome gift that will make the donorremembered for a lifetime . . . .
- . . . The ideal gift for any occasion, such as: birthdays, graduations . . . and any other opportunity to make this great Educator and popular Saint known and loved.
Cover in full color, matte-laminated; 288 pages, in matte-coated paper, 6” x 9”.